Mobius Awards of Environmental Excellence Rules
The Mobius Awards of Environmental Excellence are coordinated and administered by Divert NS. The nomination period begins in July 2017 and closes on September 8, 2017. Nominees can enter in more than one category. The award recipients will be announced in the fall of 2017.
How to Nominate
To nominate yourself or another individual or organization, you must visit the Mobius Awards website at (www.divertmobiusawards.ca) and complete a nomination form before the closing date on September 8, 2017.
The awards are open to individuals who reside in Nova Scotia and organizations that are currently active in Nova Scotia (i.e. conducting business in Nova Scotia for at least one year, up to and including the date of submission). Nominees must consent to the nomination and must not be the recipient of a Mobius Award for the same waste diversion activities in the last three years. Nominations must be based on current activities or initiatives occuring in Nova Scotia (for example, activities that are ongoing as of the date of submission or initiatives/programs/events that occurred during the last year).
Current Board Members and employees of Divert NS, their immediate family members, and those domiciled with them are not eligible for a Mobius Award.
There are seven award categories, focused on exceptional recycling and waste diversion activities and results. Waste diversion refers to recycling, reducing, reusing or composting materials instead of sending them to landfill for disposal.
- Small Business of the Year: private sector businesses and organizations that go above and beyond to implement recycling and waste diversion practices on a daily basis.
- Large Business of the Year: private sector businesses and organizations that go above and beyond to implement recycling and waste diversion practices on a daily basis.
- Institution of the Year: public or private sector institutions (such as hospitals, universities, colleges, schools, long-term care/nursing home facilities) that go above and beyond to implement recycling and waste diversion practices on a daily basis.
- Community Project of the Year: not-for-profit organizations and community groups that have developed and implemented an effective project or event that engages their community in recycling and waste diversion activities.
- Innovator of the Year: individual or organization that has developed and/or implemented a product or service from material that otherwise would go to landfill, or has developed a more efficient approach for an existing recycling or waste diversion process.
- Emerging Environmental Leader: rising environmental champion (age 30 or under) who goes above and beyond to encourage recycling and waste diversion among their peers, at school or work, in their community or with other Nova Scotians.
- Hall of Fame: individual with a demonstrated record of ongoing commitment to our environment, leadership in recycling and diverting waste from landfill.
Awards will be presented in a category only if a nomination merits an award. All decisions of the judges are final.
Award Recognition and Presentation
Award winners will be recognized on Divert Nova Scotia's website and social media channels, may be promoted via local media, and will be invited to attend the 2017 Mobius Awards event in Halifax, Nova Scotia to receive their award.
- By participating in the Mobius Awards, each nominee accepts and agrees to these official rules and all decisions of the judging committee.
- All nominations become the property of Divert NS and will not be returned.
- Incomplete nominations and nominations with falsified information will be disqualified. The decision to disqualify any nomination is at the sole discretion of Divert NS and will occur without notice or communication to the nominee. The disqualification decision is final and not subject to review.
- By participating in the Mobius Awards, recipients authorize Divert NS to broadcast, publish and otherwise use their name, city/town of residence, comments and photograph for publicity purposes, without any form of remuneration.
- Any personal information gathered from nominees will be used solely for the administration of the Mobius Awards, will be kept in a secure and confidential location, and will not be rented or sold. If you wish to cancel your nomination after submission, please mail/email: Divert NS, 35 Commercial Street, Suite 400, Truro, NS B2N 3H9; or email@example.com. If you have questions about how Divert NS collects, uses or discloses your personal information with regards to the Mobius Awards, please contact Carolyn Pierce 902 897-3253 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Cancel or Modify
Divert NS reserves the right to modify or cancel the Mobius Awards at any time without notice to the nominees.